Thursday, September 15, 2011

26 before 27: Monthly Update

I’ve been busy the past 6 weeks working on my 26 before 27 goals. I created this binder to help me organize my goals.



I wanted to give you all a little update as to how I’ve been doing on them. It’s been a little hard to prioritize because I want to get them ALL done NOW. Here are a few goals that I’ve been working on:

1. Meet Amanda irl – We’re trying to schedule a good time for her to fly out here to Idaho. Tentatively scheduled for December.

5. Blog consistently and increase my blog followers [100+] – Yikes! This one is hard. I’ve been trying my best to plan out and schedule my blogs. I’m starting with blogging consistently and then will work on increasing my blog followers.

8. Read the Bible cover to cover – I’m really excited about this one! I’ve been reading my Bible every day since July 31. I’m using THIS PLAN I found online. In order to keep it organized I used 7 different paint samples as bookmarks and labeled them with the days of the week. I keep a copy of the plan folded in the front of my Bible to refer to specific chapters for each day. It works great! I love the plan because I get to read different passages everyday.




12. Get current on my photo albums– This is extremely challenging, but I did attend my mom’s crop this month. I have a lot to catch up on, but I think that I need to wrap up my traditional albums first. This might take some goals and planning to make sure I complete this goal.

14. Be the top seller for Bella Baby Photography in Boise– While I wasn’t top seller for Bella Baby in Boise last month, I did reach my highest sales ever. I honestly don’t think that I will be able to become the top seller without being a certified Bella Life Photographer.

15. Become a certified Bella Life Photographer – I am making plans to [hopefully] submit a gallery [or galleries] this month to be approved as a Bella Life Photographer. The gallery that I submit will be critiqued and it might take a few rounds before I’m actually approved.

18. Expand my personal photography business through senior portrait sessions and family sessions – As you may know, I launched a facebook page for my photography. This was something I was very nervous about. I’m very self conscious about my work, so this was a huge step for me. I photographed my first Senior Rep last month. I have a tentative senior session this month and will hopefully book some more sessions from those. I also have two family sessions that need to be scheduled in the coming months!




25. Maintain organization in my life, personally and work-related, via filing system – I put this off for most of the month because I knew it’d be challenging. I got a whole bunch of new file folders and organized my existing files, cleaning them out as I went. I have a new system for my files, including an “In Progress” folder where I stash the things I need to go through, rather than piling them on my desk. I think it’s going to work very well! I’ve also been trying to use my planner in a more efficient way. I also just downloaded the Wunderlist app on my MacBook Pro. I think it’s going to be awesome in helping me get organized! 

,

26. View the following documentaries: Beyond The Bottle [Miir] and Finding Kind [Kind Campaign] and donate to each organization – I was able to see Beyond The Bottle documentary TWICE! You can view it HERE. I might be able to see Finding Kind if/when Amanda comes to visit, because she has a copy of it. It might take me a while to be able to donate to either cause but I’m excited that I’ll be able to cross it off my list in the next couple months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment