Monday, May 16, 2011

Retro Rama and stuff...


Sorry for the absence in my post it must just be that time of year where people get busy because I have noticed lots of blogs have gone down in the number of post that are being written.  What has kept me out of blog land?  Well garage sale season opened up big with the a city wide garage sale in the suburb I grew up in.  My mom and i usually go together but sorry not really a vintage trip so much as shopping for the kids although I did see some lovely 50's lamps for a reasonable price but I passed them by as I really don't have a need for more lamps but I still keep thinking about them perhaps I should have got them oh well too late now.

We also attended Retrorama a yearly event that takes place at the Minnesota History Center.  We had a great time although I thought the fashion show was a bit of a bomb.  We got priority parking for showing up in my husbands 57 chevy.  Anyway here is a picture of my husband and I. He has on a 1950's suit I picked up for him on Ebay and I have on a 40's Rayon dress also from ebay (no label it appears to be handmade).


And finally here I am with the lovely Dress Dame if you have not had a chance to check out her blog you should check it out ( and please excuse my angry look).  I also got to meet the lovely Dead Pan Diva of the fedora lounge unfortunately I did not get a photo of us together and she had on this lovely 30's dress she had made.  

Well my final blog distraction was getting some plants in my garden.  I have about 16 tomato plants some peppers, peas, beans, carrots, lettuce, and radishes that I am happy to say have already sprouted.  I will try to post some pictures when things start taking off.  Well take care and have a good week.


No comments:

Post a Comment