Friday, May 6, 2011

Vintage Comments

So do you get comments about your vintage style?  I have been getting more lately as I have been on a campaign  to dress in a more vintage look daily so far I have just been tackling the hair and some makeup.  Now I teach high school and these kids are definitely not shy about making comments which is perhaps why I haven't been dressing or looking very vintage. I think that combined with the fact that I teach art and well it is messy and I would hate to ruin some nice vintage clothes because clay paint could easily ruin a nice piece. But so far I have only received positive comments about my hair from students and well I try to never think about what they say behind my back if I worried about that well..... needless to say I don't go there. Later  I stopped into a Sephora  and got some new make up some to wear at work (a little more subtle for a day look).  The girl helping me out got really excited when I told her I was going for a more vintage look and asked me about the Betty Page clothing that was opening soon at Mall of America.  Today I had looser curls as I had pinned my hair in loser pin curls for sleeping but I got a really nice set out it all day and again more compliments from students.  I also used some of the make up I purchased last night smash box limitless lip stain in petal and an eggplant eyeliner from KatVonD line.  I thought both worked well for the day time look.
this my day 2 set at the end of the day

So how about you ladies do you get much comments on your vintage look?  Positive? Negative?  

Now I need to work on the wardrobe for work and every day.  I have a hard time with wearing my nice clothes to work so now if I could find the sewing time to make some clothes that I didn't spend a fortune on that would work for work I would be all set.

No comments:

Post a Comment