Saturday, November 28, 2009

5 Things I Love: California

I hate to admit it but I do miss California, especially my girls. These are 5 things I love about California.

1. Ketchup: This was one of our favorite restaurants to go to when we'd hit up Hollywood for shows or fun nights out. They have classic American food with a gourmet twist. We'd always get their three kinds of fries served with their five types of ketchup! So good!


2. Beach: One of our favorite beaches to go to was Corona del Mar. It's usually not too crowded and feels somewhat secluded. We went there on November 1st when our Seattle girls came to visit. Janelle and I were taken out by a wave. It was pretty EPIC and a fun last time at the beach.


3. DISNEYLAND: I had never been to Disneyland before I moved to SoCal, just Disneyworld. We all had season passes which was great. We could go whenever we wanted, for however long, without any pressure to have to see and do EVERYTHING. We got good at strategizing though, so we could make the most of the time we had there. I love that place. Favs include: Buzz Lightyear, Toy Story Mania, Soarin', Mulholland Madness, Matterhorn, Indiana Jones, Pirates, and Thunder Mountain Railroad. I could go on and on. Jenny's mom wanted to go when she came to visit a couple weeks ago, so that's how Heather and I spent our last Saturday in California. It was perfect!



4. Griffith Observatory: The girls and I went here twice, the first time we didn't make it inside. It has the most gorgeous view of Los Angeles (when it's not smoggy) and a great view of the famous Hollywood sign. I wish we had lived closer just so I could have gone more often. It's a must-see if you visit L.A.



5. Concerts/Hollywood Nights: Los Angeles is, as Jenny said, the mecca of good concerts. There's always great shows happening. We're lucky we got to go to as many as we did. Some of the people we've seen include: Barcelona (MANY times), She&Him, Ashley Tisdale, Mitchell Musso, Miley Cyrus, HoneyHoney, Lenka, Owl City (twice), Relient K, This World Fair, Mae, RunnerRunner, Frank&Derol, Billy Ray Cyrus and Landon Pigg. Besides just the shows, we had some great nights in Hollywood. Mostly, what made it so fun and usually EPIC was the people I was with. My girls are amazing and I love them so much. I'm going to miss our fabulous times together. These crazy times over for now, but not forever.
First Hollywood Night: Barcelona at The Viper Room (included first celebrity siting: Amy Adams)
Barcelona

Barcelona

Adam Young of Owl City

Billy Ray Cyrus (what a freaking ROCKSTAR!)

Frank & Derol (Brandi, Codi, Megan)

Adam Young of Owl City

At Owl City, the last show we went to at The Troubadour (one of our fav venues)

Landon Pigg at House of Blues Anaheim, our last show together in California!

No comments:

Post a Comment