Thursday, August 12, 2010

5 Things I Love: Summer

1. NOOK: Our parents got Heather and I Nooks for our birthday on Sunday! I absolutely LOVE it! This past weekend we ended up getting covers for them. Mine is a little boring, but I couldn't justify spending $125 ($90 on sale) for the gorgeous Kate Spade cover. One thing that I love about the Nook and Barnes and Noble is that we can download books from different resources, not just B&N. I found this website that has a bunch of free books. PLEASE let me know if you have any other resources (free or otherwise). We ended up buying a couple new books too and I just started reading Sense and Sensibility for my 25 before 26 list. What's a great summer read?




2. Bright nail polish: I love bright, fun nail polish colors for summer! These are a few of my favs. The top three are Sonia Kashuk for Target: Ocean Breeze, Purple Rain and Tutti Frutti. The bottom two are Chinese Glaze, Pink Voltage and Sinful Colors, Innocent.




3. Victoria's Secret PINK pjs: For my birthday last Sunday, Heather and I decided to get ourselves new summer pjs from VS. Since we're an Angels card holders, we get $10 giftcards for our birthdays. But we had also got $10 giftcards in catalogs, so we each had $20 to spend there. I know the shorts I got are a little creepy (my mom hates them), but they were the best choice and I love them a little more every time I wear them. I love how the lacey design on the shorts go with the print on the tank.





4. Platinum Beauty Lounge: I'm kind of picky when it comes to my hair, well picky when it comes to who I have cut it. I think it's because I had the same woman cut my hair from the time I was in elementary school through high school. When I was in California, I found an amazing stylist, Melissa, at Urban Renewal in Claremont. I was extremely sad to say goodbye to her and unsure about finding a new salon and stylist in Idaho. I asked around and heard about Platinum Salon in downtown Boise. The salon opened last fall and has a great feel to it. Karina is my new stylist and I LOVE her! My first time I went I just got a cut, but the last two times I got cuts and color. She's fabulous and fun!


April 2010

July 2010

5. Kind Campaign: A movement and documentary, based upon the powerful belief in KINDness, that brings awareness and healing to the negative and lasting effects of girl-against-girl "crime". "Look, we know it's hard to be a girl sometimes. We aren't asking for everyone to become best friends...that's simply unrealistic. However, we are suggesting something very simple: to STOP the competition, STOP the cattiness, STOP the hate, and to BE KIND."


The documentary will display the often-cruel way in which females treat each other, and shows the detrimental effects those relationships and experiences can have on girl's self-esteem and personal growth.

Kind Campaign is currently entered to win the Pepsi Refresh grant for $250,000. Pepsi Refresh is looking for people, businesses and non-profits with ideas that will have a positive impact. Please go HERE to vote for Kind Campaign. You can also text to vote, text 101818 to Pepsi (73774) (standard text messaging rates apply).


My amazing friend Amanda is selling bracelets here to support Kind Campaign. Heather and I ordered some and we LOVE them!



No comments:

Post a Comment