Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tasty Tuesday: The Matador


I was BEYOND excited to find out last week that The Matador is coming to Boise this month! [EDIT: they open this Friday, August 20, 2010] There's even an official Matador Boise Twitter! The Matador serves gourmet Tex-Mex cuisine and the Northwest's premier tequila bar with over 95 varieties. They have an amazing atmosphere, with extraordinary woodworking, custom ironwork, antique light fixtures and an open fireplace. They currently have locations in Ballard, West Seattle, Redmond, Tacoma, Northwest Portland, and East Portland. Boise will be their 7th location.


When I lived in Seattle, The Matador became my favorite place (after I turned 21), especially because we lived within walking distance to the Ballard location. I went to their West Seattle location for the second time in May, with my girls.



They have great cocktails, I love their long islands (one of the best I've ever had), Matador margaritas, and their mojitos. Their nachos are my absolute favorite!! I must admit I haven't tried much else because I love them so.


[Mojito]




Besides their delicious food and amazing atmosphere, one thing I love the most about going to The Matador is who I go with. I love spending time with friends. Even though most of my friends are in Seattle and it will be a completely different experience here in Boise, I'm excited to take my local friends and share The Matador experience with them.


Heather and Aimee

Me and Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment