Sunday, September 4, 2011

lost


I always feel like I should apologize when I go MIA from my blog. But then again, it's my blog and I don't want to feel pressured by it because it's supposed to be fun. This past week has been so incredibly challenging for me. Added thanks to my hormones [or maybe it was because of my hormones] for making me feel like my life was/is falling apart. I've just felt so lost. Thankfully the hormone surge has passed and my crazy thoughts have subsided [for now].

When you're in the midst of troubles it's hard to get perspective. It's easier when you're at the top of the mountain to get a different vantage point on your problems.

I spent the week trying to remind myself that just because someone has "fill in the blank" doesn't make them happy.

A boyfriend
A husband
A full-time job
A consistent income
Friends
.... the list goes on.

I feel like I have NO direction in my life, but even if I did it wouldn't guarantee my happiness. Joy comes from within and from maintaining a healthy relationship with God. I KNOW that He has plans for me and they're better than anything I could imagine myself. It took me a long time this week to get out of my head and remind myself of it.

I know I'm not the only one this happens to. Have you felt lost recently? What steps have you taken to climb the mountain and gain a new/different perspective on your situation?

I think it might be time to re-read Wilderness Skills for Women by Marian Jordan [see HERE or Heather's post HERE]. I definitely recommend it if you're looking for some guidance or direction.


source

No comments:

Post a Comment