Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Seen It, Heard It, Read It

Seen It
Switched at Birth


This is an ABC Family show that the sister found on instant Netflix. She was going to start watching it and then I joined her. It’s a really good show and it looks like the second half of the first season will start in January.

Chaos Theory


This was a random one that I found on Netflix. I figured it had Ryan Reynolds and the reviews were decent, so I added it to the instant queue. I must admit was multitasking while watching, so it didn’t have my full attention. It was an interesting story about a man who is an efficiency expert and his wife tries to help him by changing the clock by 10 minutes, but instead of giving him more time she made him late. The movie shows the chaos that ensues because of it.

Eat, Pray, Love


This is a great chick flick. I love Julia Roberts! She’s just so fabulous. I love all of the places she visits in this movie. I totally relate to Elisabeth’s search for herself. But, I don’t think I will ever read this book. I know a couple friends who had started it, but couldn’t get through it. I'm fine with just appreciating the movie for what it is.

The Big Bang Theory: Season 4


My mom and I saw this at Costco the day it came out and decided we needed it. I never watched much of this season on tv, because I figured I’d watch it when it came out on dvd. It’s been fun to see new-to-me episodes! I love Sheldon.

Heard It
Karmin
I saw this video on Maggie’s blog a couple weeks ago. This couple is pretty amazing. If you haven’t heard them yet you may want to go check them out on Youtube. They are incredibly talented. I had this song stuck in my head for a week straight.





Read It
Fearless by Max Lucado


This book got “lost” on my Nook. Not really lost, but when I don’t have the physical book I can sometimes forget what book I’m in the middle of. This, like previous books, is one that was challenging for me to get through. This is not to say it wasn’t a great book. It’s just one of those “hard to swallow” books.

Radiant by Marian Jordan


This is another book that I have on my Nook. I started it thinking that I hadn’t read it before (I know, I’m a horrible person to forget), but the whole first half of the book was really familiar. I think I had started it once, never finished it, decided to start over, but then forgot and re-read it. Anyway, it was great and a very quick read, I finished it in an afternoon. Marian talks about how to live as a light

Bittersweet by Shauna Niequist


OMG. I love Shauna Niequist. She is so talented and has an amazing way with words. She is one of my favorite authors. I got this book on sale on my Nook with a birthday gift card. This book focuses on how life is simultaneously bitter and sweet. She shares stories from her own life, specifically from a time in her life where she was dealing with hurts and heartaches, but found joy and sweetness through it all. If you haven’t heard of her before, I’d recommend reading her book Cold Tangerines first.

Real Girl Next Door by Denise Richards


I found this book when I was searching for Nook books to buy with my birthday gift card, but decided to just check it out from the library. There was a pretty long waiting list, but I finally picked it up last week. I thought it was a great book and very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment