Thursday, September 8, 2011

SexyBack Challenge - Week 11 & 12

I can't believe this challenge is over! Has it really been 12 weeks?


The past couple weeks have been really good. I've been trying to finish this challenge strong and I think I did just that. I've been trying to get back into a workout routine. I tried Body by Bethenny and Crunch - Super SlimDown: Pilates Yoga Blend. BBB was challenging because I don't have a ton of experience with yoga, so I ended up not doing the whole thing. I think that I might go back to it when I have more experience. SSD was a great workout. I felt a lot more comfortable with it and had fun with it. The great thing about it is, is that it's on instant Netflix!



I'm so happy I was able to participate in the SexyBack Challenge, even if I didn't have weight loss in mind. I was able to get out of the rut that I was in as far as my health and fitness go.

Just to recap, here’s a list of my goals for SexyBack:
- 45 minutes minimum of physical activity or exercise 5-7 days of the week
- Utilize workout dvds (30 Day Shred, 6 Week six-pack, BL Cardio)
- Nightly walks/runs
- Use RunKeeper app
- MORE water (3+ miir bottles/day)
- Eat healthier
- MORE veggies, utilize the garden
- Less processed food and more fresh food
- Homemade meals
- Less pop and coffee, green monsters, fresh fruit smoothies or tea instead
- Use MyFitness app & website to track calories & exercise

Overall I feel like I've been very successful in meeting the goals I set for myself during this challenge. I am much more physically active than I was when I started. As I said in one of my last posts, I haven't been "working out" as much lately, but have been doing a lot of physical activity. I ended up not using the apps to track different things, but it seems like one more thing to have to deal with. I am drinking a lot more water [love my MiiR bottles]! I am definitely eating much healthier than I was before. I can proudly say that's one thing I did great on, especially in the last couple weeks with all the fresh veggies that have been around the house lately. As far as the pop and coffee go, I think it might always be a part of my life, but all in moderation of course! I am really confident that even as this challenge is ending, I will be able to keep this all up!

Finally, I'd like to say thanks to Carlos and Grant for starting this challenge!

Week One
Week Two
Week Three
Week Four
Week Five
Week Six
Week Seven and Eight
Week Nine and Ten

No comments:

Post a Comment