Friday, February 24, 2012

Seen It, Heard It, Read It

Seen It
The OC: Season 1
This show will forever remind me of college.  One of the girls on our floor was able to get a copy of every episode before it would air on tv.  Everyone would take turns passing the dvd around and watching it.  One night I was on the guys floor and a group of them were in the common room watching an episode and invited me to watch it with them.  It was so addictive.  It was fun to watch it again with the sister.  

It’s Kind of A Funny Story
SO. GOOD.  That's all you need to know.  I'm just glad I saw it before I watched United States of Tara, because the main character of this movie is in that show and he's completely different.

This was one I watched for the heck of it.  I mostly just listened to it while I was working on a project.  It was alright, but I don't think I'd watch it again.

Paper Man
The sister had added this to our netflix queue and we ended up watching it one weekend that the parents were out of town.  I was surprised I hadn't heard of it before considering the cast, Jeff Daniels, Ryan Reynolds and Emma Stone.  It had a random story line, but I think I liked it.

Shutter Island
I watched this on instant Netflix one afternoon when I was sick.  I'm not sure what compelled me to watch it, but I'm glad I did.  It was a little creepy, but had a great story with a twist.  It was one of those movies that you need to watch again to pick up on everything that happened.


Super 8
I was like half to 3/4 really watching this while I was multi-tasking, but I really enjoyed it.  There was a good combination of action and humor.


United States of Tara: Seasons 1-3
I LOVE this show.  Seriously, it's awesome and so interesting.  It's not a family friendly show.  It follows Tara, her family and her "alters" as she tries to deal with her Dissociative Identity Disorder without medication.  The sister kept pulling out her Abnormal Psych book so we could read more about DID.  I was so sad to hear that it was only 3 seasons long, but honestly I loved how they ended the show.  It's probably one of the best endings to a tv series that I've ever seen.


Heard It
I've been listening to a lot of country music lately.  Here are a couple videos of some of my favorite songs right now.






Read It
I didn't read many books in January.  I randomly picked up The DaVinci Code to re-read.  I got sucked in and decided I should read Dan Brown's other books.  It was fun to read something different for a change.

The Lost Symbol by DanBrown

No comments:

Post a Comment