Sunday, August 1, 2010

25

I really can't believe it's my 25th birthday. Or maybe I can. It shouldn't be different than any other birthday, its just another year. But for some reason, maybe it's just me putting pressure on myself, I feel like it holds more weight than other birthdays I've had.

It's a little depressing that I'm turning 25 and I'm living at home (at least I currently have a job), but I have no idea what I'm doing with my life. This is not to disregard what I've done up until now. I mean, hi, I grew up with an amazing family (and twin sister, Happy Birthday Heather), went to a fabulous college, moved to California, had an amazing time there and started grad school.

I just feel lost right now and "this birthday" almost feels like someone rubbing it in my face that I'm not "doing" anything with my life. There are many people I know (it's hard NOT to compare) who are the same age or younger than me, who have fabulous jobs or their own companies, boyfriends, husbands, babies or babies on the way and I have none of that. I'm not trying to make this a depressing-woe-is-me-post (sorry if that's how it sounds).

I guess I'm trying to talk myself into not seeing this birthday as a HUGE thing, but turn it around and thank God that he's given me such an amazing life. Because I truly am thankful for all that He has given me, especially my family, my awesome twin sister Heather and my wonderful friends. I'm trusting God and holding onto His promises, claiming Jeremiah 29:11-13, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

I really am trying to end this blog post on a happy note. Here are some pictures of Heather and me growing up. I might have lied on who is who when we were little, because honestly my mom is one of the only people who can definitely tell us apart as little ones. I also don't know our ages in the first pictures, we were babies, that's close enough.

Babies: Ashlee and Heather

Baby Heather

Baby Ashlee

Babies: Heather and Ashlee (maybe), omg shoes

Age 2: Grandpa, Heather and me

Age 2: Dad, Heather and Ashlee, we love to accessorize

Age 3: Heather, Mom and Ashlee, birthday at Chuck E. Cheese (I love this picture, btw)

Age 3: Ashlee and Heather, that's how we roll

Age 4: Heather, Dad and Ashlee, birthday Chuck E. Cheese, we loved that place

Age 4: Heather and Ashlee

Age 6: Heather and Ashlee

Age 7: Erica, Hayley, Heather and Ashlee

Age 11: Heather and Ashlee, BANGS

Age 16: Heather and Ashlee, Family trip to Disneyworld and Disney Cruise to the Bahamas

Age 19: Heather and Ashlee, Family trip to Disneyworld

Age 21: Heather and Ashlee, Cheesecake Factory with friends

Age 22: Ashlee and Heather, Dinner at Orrapin with friends

Age 23: Jenny, Ashlee and Heather, Hollywood night at The Knitting Factory


Age 24: Megan, Janelle, Veronia, Ashlee, Jessie, Aimee, Heather and Jenny, Vegas trip with the girls

No comments:

Post a Comment