Sunday, August 28, 2011

A Rare Outfit Post


Yes I do rarely do this as I am never very satisfied with my own appearance but I really love this dress.  I bought it this summer from atomik*vintage on Ebay.  It is not a swirl but is very like one as it is a wrap with the closure in the back (my personal favorite style right now).   Love the blue hounds tooth print (I suppose a close up of fabric would have been nice, bad blogger) with the bright yellow flowers so cheerful.  I have to say I was a bit nervous about wearing this one as instead of a button closure at the top like a Swirl this dress a three snaps on the back.  I was concerned that if it pulled enough the snaps might give way but I wore it all day Saturday with out it coming unhitched.  I wish I could say I was going to wear this dress back to work tomorrow but I can't I will be back in my boring old work garb.  Hope you all had a fabulous weekend. I also hope that if you are out on the east coast that you safe and dry.  

Oh and one final question.  I wanted to do a give away but have been indecisive about what I wanted to do I have considered a pattern (not vintage but a reproduction of a retro butterick) or a vintage apron?  Please comment with your opinions or what you would be more interested in.  Thanks again, Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment