Friday, May 21, 2010

Fashion Friday: Karl Lagerfeld




My love for fashion is obvious, but it has grown since I've started watching fashion documentaries. My goal is to blog about a different fashion documentary every Friday or every other Friday. Today I thought I'd start with Karl Lagerfeld and the documentary Lagerfeld Confidential. I saw it last year when I was living in California. Ask Heather and Jenny, I was so excited to watch it that I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. I probably even cried. It was the first time Karl Lagerfeld ever agreed to let someone create something about his everyday life. There is no other authorized biography that exists about Karl. The movie follows the life and work of the iconic fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld for two years.


After I watched the movie I wanted to know more about him. A friend recommended the book The Beautiful Fall: Fashion, Genuis and Glorious Excess in 1970s Paris by Alicia Drake, which is about Karl Lagerfeld and Yves Saint Laurent. I found it fascinating and would definitely recommend it to anyone with an interest in fashion.


Yves Saint Laurent and Karl Lagerfeld











source: weheartit

No comments:

Post a Comment