Tuesday, May 18, 2010

West of the Sun

For my final project for Color Theory I wanted to explore fashion photography. I focused on the Spring 2010 trend of an Americana look. I wanted a rustic/rural setting with looks that were denim, floral and feminine, that also had a western and dusty feel. As far as the color in the images, I wanted to keep it neutral in tone, with minimal colors in the background for less distraction and also keeping the outfits fairly neutral as well. I created various color combinations in the outfits, such as warm and cool, contrast of saturation, etc.

The first photoshoot I did for the project, I shot at my aunt's dairy farm. I had Heather, Jenn and Kyla as my models. It was a FREEZING cold and windy morning. We got in a pocket of time where it was actually sunny outside. As we were on our way there and leaving it was snowing. Here are a few pictures from that shoot.








The second photoshoot was done after my week long internship in Seattle. I wasn't able to shoot at the dairy farm again, but through someone at church I was able to use an awesome farm. There were so many places on the farm to shoot, there were still places we hadn't used when we left. The farm was filled with so many treasures, like an old barn that was built in 1910 and an old truck, and three horses that followed us around. At this shoot, I had Heather, Kyla and Zoie as my models. I felt much more confident and had a story in my head that I wanted to portray through my work. So the following are the images I turned in for my final project.









I want to thank all the girls, Jenn, Heather, Kyla and Zoie, for helping me with this project. You are all gorgeous inside and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment