Friday, May 21, 2010

six months

You might have seen Heather's post today that it has been six months since we've moved home. If you read Jenny's post in February I finally figured out how to explain how I felt about leaving California. It was like breaking up with a boyfriend (not that I would know, but I can imagine that it's a similar feeling). Some people assumed that we left because we didn't like California and that is DEFINITELY NOT the case. We LOVED it!! We were adventurous and did and saw so many things I never thought I ever would. It was gorgeous and there was always fun and amazing things to see and do. I miss it terribly. Life has changed a lot in the last six months. I still don't really know what I'm doing or what's next for me. But as Heather said, "I am in God's will and there is no other place I would rather be."











In a week it will be exactly a year since I was let go from my job. I remember sitting in my car bawling my eyes out, knowing I had to go back inside and turn in my parking pass, etc., trying to breathe and praying, "God, you are in control. I don't know why this is happening, but You do. I'm trusting you." In the last year I've completed my first year in an online Master's program at Academy of Art University and I moved home. I'm starting my photography business and it looks like Heather and I will be working at the National Interagency Fire Center Return Warehouse this summer. It's definitely not what I thought I would be doing, but I know I'm where I'm supposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment