Thursday, September 30, 2010

5 Things I Love

1. Commander in Chic: The last couple times I've been to Target this nail polish has caught my eye. The last time I went I finally got it. It's my new fav. Depending on what I'm wearing it looks grey, taupe or purplish. It's the perfect fall color.


2. Grey Gardens: PLEASE tell me you've seen this movie! It's definitely on my top 10 movie list (or would be if I actually had one, haha). The original documentary was made by Albert and David Maysles in 1975 (a must-see too!). Edith "Big Edie" Ewing Bouvier Beale and her daughter Edith "Little Edie" Bouvier Beale were the aunt and first cousin of Jackie Onassis. They lived together at Grey Gardens for decades, in squalor and isolation. The HBO film, stars Jessica Lange and Drew Barrymore. It flashes back and forth between Little Edie's life as a young woman and the actual filming of the 1975 documentary. I was beyond excited that it won two Golden Globes and six Emmys.



3. Pssssst Dry Shampoo: I heard about this amazing stuff from Promise last fall. It's a life saver! I shower every night after work and use a little of this in the morning to freshen my hair. I don't know of a ton of places that carry it. I usually pick mine up at Walgreens.


4. Simple Joys: This company was started by my mom's cousin. She recently got a bunch of stuff from them and I've fallen in love with it. They use pure, natural ingredients without artificial color, fragrance or preservatives. Their website says, "We are passionate about offering a superior quality soap that is safe, healthy, natural, environmentally friendly yet effective and enjoyable." Their soaps are made with goat's milk, which has health benefits. It is rich in proteins, vitamins and minerals. They also create their soaps with aromatherapy qualities. Each bar is $4 and there are over 40 kinds to choose from.


5. MiiR: This company was started by a fellow SPU alum and they are doing great things! "At MiiR, we believe in changing the status quo. We believe in thinking differently about what we create and who it may impact. We do this by making our products highly functional, well designed while giving back to those in need. We decided to start by making great bottles with significant purpose behind them."

One dollar of each MiiR bottle provides one person with clean water for one year. Their one4one initiative goes straight to charity: water is a non-profit organization bringing clean and safe water to people in developing nations.

During the month of September (yes I know it's the last day of the month), for every new fan on Facebook they are donating $1 to charity: water. Also, they were also giving away two bottles a day during September if you signed up for their newsletter on their website. I got an email on September 20th saying that I won one! I was pleasantly surprised when my pretty new water bottle showed up just 4 days later! I uploaded one of my pictures for a customized skin. I can't wait to get it!

Check out MiiR on Facebook and Twitter.





No comments:

Post a Comment