Tuesday, December 14, 2010

One Cell In The Sea

Ahhh! I've been gone for so long! I really didn't mean to, but I couldn't help it! I finished up my final projects last week and then Jenny came Thursday and Megan came Sunday. I thought I'd share a little of what I've been up to as far as school goes. You might remember THIS post back in September. Well, I've come a long way since then and my project has evolved from that original concept.

The title of my project comes from the song Minnow and The Trout by A Fine Frenzy.
I know that we're different
We were one cell in the sea in the beginning
And what we're made of was all the same once
We're not that different after all

Here is my Project Abstract and the images I turned in for my final project for my Thesis Seminar Class:

"One Cell In The Sea" is a Fine Art, Environmental Portraiture project. This project is narrative based while taking formal elements into account, depicting a variety of people through environmental portraits. The details in the images will give cue about who they are, what they do, what they like and so on.

We, as humans, are all different, but we are also, all the same. Each of us has our own story, dreams, strengths, weaknesses, interests, and so on. I would like people to reflect on these images and in the larger sense, people whom they interact with in their daily lives. The intended outcome is to leave the viewers to identify with the subjects about their commonalities and appreciating their differences.

It will be captures in black and white digital images. The final presentation will be a total of 20 - 16" x 24" prints, mounted on 3/4" thick lightweight foam and banded with a black edge.











I had to get one of the images printed like how it will be for my final presentation. Here's an idea of what they'll look like as a finished product.

I obviously have a long way to go and lots to work on, but I'm really excited to see how far I've come this semester. I'll be taking Portraiture and Location Lighting next semester. I'm excited to see how those classes will push my work and especially this project. Then my Midpoint Review will probably be around March where I will be presenting my idea and hopefully get the green light to pursue this for the remainder of my time at AAU. I'm getting nervous because there is SO much to do before then, but I'm looking forward to moving beyond that and getting into the second half of my program.

Thank you to everyone who helped me throughout the semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment