Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Seen It, Heard It, Read It

SEEN IT

1. Curly Sue



I loved watching this when I was little. Curly Sue is such a sassy little girl. My favorite line from the movie has to be, "Slap my butt, no way!" Haha! It's funny, but also sweet. It's a classic.

2. The Goonies



Heyyy you guys! Who doesn't love The Goonies? It was hilarious to watch this with my parents! Even though they'd seen it before, it had been a long time and everything was so much funnier.

3. The Closer, Season One and Season Two





Since my family doesn't have cable, I've missed this show like crazy! I'm so sad that it's not on Instant Netflix, but luckily the library has it. I love Deputy Chief Brenda Lee Johnson!

HEARD IT

1. Taylor Swift: Speak Now



I swear that every single album Taylor makes is amazing! I finally just got this one a couple weeks ago. She is so down-to-earth and honest. I love that she writes her own songs. Her music is relatable, real and fun.

2. Mumford and Sons: Sigh No More

I don't think I can even begin to say how much I love this! I want to wrap myself in it's sweet goodness. It's glorious!

3. Tyrone Wells: Metal and Wood



I've already expressed how much I love Tyrone! I don't think there's much more to say. This is one cd that I could never get tired of listening to.

READ IT

1. Between a Rock and a Hard Place by Aron Ralston



I finished this a couple days ago and oh my goodness!! Although parts of it made me sick to my stomach, it was so emotional and powerful! I definitely think everyone should read it. Read quickly through the gross parts, but read it. I really want to see the movie now, but I'm kind of nervous I'll get sick. I think I might make myself go and pray for my stomach because I know it'll be worth it.

This is one of my favorite quotes from the book.


2. Romans 14 (The Message)



We read this passage last week in Bible Study. My mom and I started laughing in the middle of it, because of my recent change to being vegetarian. Obviously the passage is not just about eating meat or not, but it was interesting to read after I've made this change, because it came with a change in perspective. This is one of the things that isn't black and white in the Bible. This is about respecting each other, not judging others for their choices, and not being a stumbling block for others with the choices you make. I love reading different versions of it. Check out The Message version HERE and the New International Version HERE.

3. Kendi Everyday



Heather introduced me to this blog a month or so ago. It's easily become one of my new favorite blogs to read. She's cute, stylish, down-to-earth and fun! Her 30 by 30 Remixes are inspiring! I think Heather and I might do our own versions of 30 for 30 starting in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment